Here is a short list of kitchen items and gadgets you should have on hand in order to make working with kids as stress free as possible.
- Plastic or porcelain knives – will cut vegetables, but not fingers.
|Curious Chef Knives|
- Self-contained vegetable chopper – kids get to pound on something while being helpful and dicing vegetables to your liking.
- Garlic peeler and garlic press – no need to teach the smash and peel, let them roll the skin off and then squeeze the garlic until it turns to a semi-mush.
- Wooden stirring utensils – wooden utensils work on all surfaces, no need to worry about scratching the non-stick skillet.
- Small skillets and pans (good for little hands) – these are the little 5”-7” pans which are great to learn temperature settings and how to properly handle pots and pans.
- Cooking Aprons- Help kids stay clean and sanitary while cooking.
- Flexible Cutting Boards- These are great for kids and can be washed by hand easily.
- Crinkle Cutter- Kids love to make crinkle cucumber or carrots with this easy gadget.
- Vegetable Peeler- A tool every child should learn to use early on.
- Muffin Scoop- Use for scooping muffins, cookie dough, ice cream, melons, and more.