Gallo Pinto RecipeThe traditional dish that Costa Ricans enjoy at any time of the day, breakfast, lunch or dinner is always appropriate for a delicious plate of gallo pinto with tortillas, your choice of eggs, plátanos maduros (fried bananas) and sour cream! What a delight!
3 TBS of Oil or butter
1/4 Cup of onions
1/8 Cup of garlic
1/2 Cup of red bell pepper
2 Cups of black beans (canned or cooked)
2 Cups of white rice (cooked with a little bit of oil and salt)
1/4 Cup of chopped cilantro
Salt to taste
Lizano salsa (a traditional creole salsa made in Costa Rica)
Heat cooking oil in a pan or pot on a medium setting, add finely chopped garlic and let it fry, then add the onions until color changes. Add cooked beans; stir, without much liquid, add red pepper, salt and lizano salsa, then add the rice and stir evenly, finally add the cilantro, serve and enjoy.
Recipe provided by 121onlineprofessor.com
Online Cooking Classes121onlineprofessor.com provides online English and Spanish cooking classes. They complement your language and cultural activities through skype cooking classes by certified chefs. There are several different cooking courses for you to choose in English or Spanish such as:
- Cake decorating levels 1 to 4.
- We have theme cooking classes by season, pastry recipes, cake decorating, healthy fast food, salads, appetizers, desserts, main dishes , party theme recipes
- International Cooking: A tour around the world learning about ingredients, secrets, tips and cultural aspects of the culinary arts.
- Costa Rican Food: Authentic Costa Rican food from traditional to gourmet. Learn everything about the gastronomy of this beautiful country.
- Choose a customized cooking course: Learn great salads, desserts, cocktails, pastas, soups, appetizers, and main courses recipes!
- Seasonal cooking recipes: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.