At a lost to what to have for dinner or just need an easy dinner idea? Here are some ideas for an easy dinner each night.
See more easy meal ideas
7 Easy Dinner Ideas
- Taco Salad Bar. You can change this taco dinner up several different ways. Try using either ground hamburger, turkey or chicken. Also include traditional taco salad toppings, such as shredded cheese, multi grain tortillas, chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce. For more nutrition and variety include black beans, kidney or chili beans, olives and top with low fat sour cream or cottage cheese.
- Chicken. The ever used and loved meat for dinner is chicken. However it can be served and used so many different ways it is no wonder. Try a simple grilled chicken seasoned with seasoning salt and serve with vegetables. Or bread your chicken with breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and wheat germ and bake in the oven. Another easy chicken dinner could be roast chicken.
- Pizza. Make a homemade pizza and your kids will be happy to help in the kitchen. A family size pizza, calzone, stromboli or mini pizza bites all can be made with homemade pizza dough. Or if you don't want to make pizza dough buy a loaf of French bread or Italian bread and create a French Bread pizza.
- Meatloaf. Using ground chicken, hamburger or turkey or a combination of meat you can quickly create a meatloaf. Serve with vegetables.
- Chicken Casserole. Another idea for a quick dinner is to put together vegetables, meat and create a casserole.
- Roast Beef or Pork Roast. We love this meal because it is something that doesn't need a lot of preparation or work. We stick a roast in the crock pot in the morning and forget about it until dinner time. Just add a quartered onion and season with salt and pepper, the crockpot will do the rest. Add potatoes and carrots as well if you'd like.
- Chili. You don't have to cook chili in the crockpot, it can easily be put together and cooked in less than 30 minutes.